What are the methods for crack growth and toughening of zirconia ceramics? What is the use?
Zirconia ceramics have many advantages, especially optical fiber connectors and optical fiber jumpers, which are widely used in optical fiber networks and are also optical passive devices with high demand. In addition, the core part of many single-mode and multi-mode movable fiber optic connectors mainly uses 2 zirconia ceramic sleeves, that is, connector precision pins, and the materials used are all stabilized tetragonal zirconia powders. So what is the use of zirconia ceramics? What are the main toughening methods for crack propagation in zirconia ceramics? Let's take a look at it in detail:
1. The cracking of zirconia ceramics is mainly caused by crack expansion, so the main strengthening methods to prevent crack growth are as follows:
1. Disperse the stress at the crack tip of zirconia ceramics;
2. Consume the energy of the crack expansion of zirconia ceramics, and increase the energy barrier that the crack expansion needs to overcome.
3. Crack growth energy conversion.
Particle toughening, fiber toughening, self-toughening, dispersion toughening, synergistic toughening, nano-toughening, etc., are all toughening methods for zirconia ceramics.
The third type of nano-toughening of zirconia ceramics is the "nail" theory. It is believed that the nanoparticles existing in the gas grain boundary produce a "nail" effect, which limits the sliding, hole, and creep of the grain boundary, and the strengthening of the grain boundary improves the nanocomposite. toughness of ceramics. The wide application of nanotechnology makes it possible to improve the brittleness of ceramics.
The zirconia ceramic composite stabilizer improves the sintering performance of the zirconia ceramic material and improves the mechanical properties of the zirconia ceramic material, but complicates the composition and structure of the zirconia ceramic material. The addition amount and ratio of the composite stabilizer make the stability effect very complicated and have a synergistic effect
To sum up, only by combining the strengthening method of zirconia ceramics reasonably with practical use can the development of zirconia ceramics be promoted, so that a variety of zirconia ceramics suitable for specific applications can be developed, and the strength of zirconia ceramics can be increased and improved.
2. Application scope:
1. It has the advantages of magnetoelectric insulation resistance, wear resistance, corrosion resistance, oil-free self-lubrication, high temperature resistance, and cold resistance. It can be used in particularly harsh environments and special situations.
2. Now zirconia ceramic bearings have been widely used in micro-cooling fans, and their service life and noise stability are much better than traditional ball and sliding bearing systems.
3. For zirconia ceramic grinding balls:
1. It has the characteristics of high hardness, low wear rate and long service life, which can greatly reduce the pollution of grinding raw materials and ensure product quality.
2. The density of zirconia material is high. If it is used as a grinding medium, its impact ability is strong, which can greatly improve the grinding and dispersing efficiency and effectively shorten the grinding time.